SUMMER INTERNSHIP AT IIT MANDI
Every year different Departments/Schools hosts a huge number of interns during the summer (typically May/June). The interns are expected to work under the mentorship of IIT Mandi faculty member(s) broadly in the following areas:
- ? Biosensors Material and properties, Photocatalysis
- ? Biomedical Engineering
- ? Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry
- ? Condensed Matter Physics/Materials Science
- ? CMOS Analog IC design
- ? Controllability of Differential Equations with Applications in Engineering and fluid solid interaction problems
- ? Computational Fluid Dynamics
- ? Control Systems
- ? Deep Learning application in biometrics and medical imaging
- ? Discrete element modelling (DEM) of granular flows
- ? Differential Equations, Mathematical Modelling
- ? Earthquake Engineering
- ? Energy Conversion and storage
- ? Electrodynamics
- ? Experimental Physics and Nanosciences
- ? Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, Fluid and Thermal Science
- ? Financial Inclusion, Financial Literacy, Business Correspondent Model of Banking, Digital Identity (Aadhaar)
- ? Fluid Mechanics and Solid Mechanics
- ? Geotechnical Engineering
- ? Gene Regulation
- ? Geotechnical Engineering, Sensors in Geotechnical engineering
- ? Hydraulics, Environmental, Water resources
- ? Host-Pathogen Interaction, Soil microbiology and its application in landslide mitigation
- ? Investigations of drop impact onto a liquid pool
- ? Landslide study
- ? NanoBiotechnology
- ? Physical Chemistry, Nanotechnology, Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Bioimaging, Microscopy
- ? Protein folding and Aggregation
- ? Power Electronic Applications
- ? RF and Microwave propagation and device design
- ? Semiconductor Devices
- ? Solid Mechanics; Mechanical Design; Biomechanics
- ? Structural Mechanics
- ? Thermal management of microelectronics
- ? Wireless networks and IoT
Eligibility and Support
1. Second year of B.Tech. / B.E. students and 1st year PG or Masters Students.
2. Only students having a minimum CGPA of 7.5/10 or equivalent percentage of marks are considered.
3. Duration for summer internship is eight weeks.
4. Interns will be supported financially @ Rs.10,000/- for entire 8 weeks.
5. Travel and living expenses should be borne by the intern.
6. Screening of interns will be done by the faculty members based on the credentials of applicants.
7. Selected candidates will have to arrange letters of recommendation from their Institute.
8. Selected students will be informed through e-mail.
Interested candidates should apply through an online application (http://oas.iitmandi.ac.in/externalportal/) (Candidates can apply from 10th April, 2020)
|Start and Last Date for submission of Application form||10th April, 2020 to 30th April, 2020|
|Joining of Interns||11th June, 2020|
|Duration of Internship||Eight weeks from joining|